Tuesday 19 March 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 19, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wilhelm Weger .
The Blue Bird, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1918 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Willem H de Beaufort Dutch historian/liberal politician: dies at age 73.
- Congress authorizes time zones and approves daylight saving time
- S Potter becomes first US pilot to shoot down a German seaplane.
- The U.S. Congress establishes time zones and approves daylight saving time.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wait Till the Cows Come Home - Prince's Orchestra
- La Capricieuse - Jascha Heifetz
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason Dixon Line - Al Jolson