Tuesday 19 March 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wilhelm Weger .
The Blue Bird, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1918 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Willem H de Beaufort Dutch historian/liberal politician: dies at age 73.
- Congress authorizes time zones and approves daylight saving time
- S Potter becomes first US pilot to shoot down a German seaplane.
- The U.S. Congress establishes time zones and approves daylight saving time.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wait Till the Cows Come Home - Prince's Orchestra
- La Capricieuse - Jascha Heifetz
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason Dixon Line - Al Jolson