Friday 15 March 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Ellmann and Janet Leach.
Hearts of the World, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1918 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Richard Ellmann: United States -- Literary Scholar / writer (Oscar Wilde).
- Janet Leach: potter.
- Christian Lacoste: P?rigueux Military man.
- Rose Vincent: Ste-Croix EXecutives.
- Punch Imlach: Canadian ice hockey coach and general manager (Born 1918).
- William McIntyre: Canadian lawyer and judge (d. 2009).
- Juliette Marie Olga Lili Boulanger composer: dies at age 24.
- Jose Silvestre de los Dolores White Lafitte composer: dies at age 82.
- Lili Boulanger composer: dies at age 24.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Don't Want to Get Well - Van & Schenck
- For You a Rose - Prince's Orchestra
- Gems from Leave It To Jane - Victor Light Opera Co.
- The Darktown Strutters' Ball - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?