Saturday 9 March 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 9, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Lincoln Rockwell and Mickey Spillane.
Hearts of the World, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 March 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1918 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- George Lincoln Rockwell: founder of the American Nazi Party (d. 1967).
- Mickey Spillane: American writer who began selling his stories in 1935 to slick and pulp magazines.
- Marguerite Chapman: Chatham, New York -- Actress (Spy Smasher, Flight to Mars).
- George Rockwell: American Nazi, an ex-navy pilot and commercial artist who acknowledged Hitler as his spiritual leader.
- [Benjamin] Franc[lin] Wedekind German writer/press secretary: dies at age 53.
- Frank Wedekind: German actor and dramatist who became an intense personal force in the German artistic world on the eve of World War I..
- Wageningen Agricultural College Netherlands opens.
- Ukrainian mobs massacre Jews of Seredino Buda.
- Russian Bolshevik Party becomes the Communist Party.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For You a Rose - Prince's Orchestra
- Gems from Leave It To Jane - Victor Light Opera Co.
- I Don't Want to Get Well - Van & Schenck