Thursday 21 March 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 21, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick J Lucey and Joe Carveth.
The Blue Bird, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 March 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1918 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Joe Carveth: NHL forward (scored 20 or more goals in three seasons).
- Patrick J Lucey: American politician.
- Patrick Lucey: American politician and diplomat.
- Charles Thompson: Ameircan jazz musician and arranger, the pianist and organist made his name as a soloist in the 1940s with Coleman Hawkins, Lucky Millinder, Illinois Jacquet.
- Georges Vallat: Montpellier physician.
- World War I: The first phase of the German Spring Offensive, Operation Michael, begins.
- The giant German cannon, the so-called Paris Gun, begins to shell Paris from away.
- In London at the Wood Green Empire, Chung Ling Soo (William E Robinson, U.S.-born magician) dies during his trick where he is supposed to ampquotcatchampquot two separate bullets – but one of them perforates his lung. He dies the following morning in a hospital.
- The Social Revolutionary Party declares Belarus independent Bolshevik armies soon crush them.
- Belarus declares independence.
- Dr. Karl Muck, music director of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, is arrested under the Alien Enemies Act and imprisoned for the duration of WWI.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wait Till the Cows Come Home - Prince's Orchestra
- La Capricieuse - Jascha Heifetz
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason Dixon Line - Al Jolson