Sunday 16 March 1930US date format: 3/16/1930, UK date format: 16/3/1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tommy Flanagan (musician) and Cecil Taylor.
Mammy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1930 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Tommy Flanagan (musician)
- Cecil Taylor: Musician.
- Minoru Miky: Composer.
- Tommy Flanagan: American pianist and composer (d. 2001).
- USS Constitution (Old Ironsides) floated out to become a national shrine.