Monday 24 March 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steve McQueen and Arno Mueller.
Mammy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1930 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Steve McQueen: American actor famous for his tough-guy roles.
- Arno Mueller
- Johnny Pacheco
- David Dacko: Central African politician 1st President of the Central African Republic (d. 2003).
- John Sack: American journalist, published in many national magazines.
- Agustín González: Spanish actor (d. 2005).
- Arno Müller: German psychologist, parapsychologist ("Institut fuer Grenzgebiete der Psychologie und Psychohygiene, Freiburg"’), head of the Institute for Medical Psychology in Homburg-Saar, Germany, research astrologer (statistics), data collector and publisher of data books.
- Agustin Gonzalez: Spanish actor (d. 2005).
- Steve McQueen in Slater: Missouri, USA; actor (Wanted, Dead or Alive, The Blob, Bullitt).
- Kenneth Nelson in Rocky Mount: North Carolina, USA; actor (Henry Aldrich - Aldrich Family).
- Planet Pluto named
- 1st religious services telecast in US (W2XBS NYC)
- First religious services telecast in US (W2XBS, New York City, New York).