Thursday 27 March 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gregory Corso and Sandra Day O'Connor.
Mammy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1930 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Sandra Day O'Connor: Judge.
- Gregory Corso: Poet.
- Bob den Uyl: Dutch journalist / writer (Bird Watching).
- David Janssen [Meyer] in Naponee: Nebraska, USA; actor (Fugitive, Harry O).
- Richard Hayman in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; orchestra leader (Vaughn Monroe Show).
- Bob Den Uyl: A Dutch writer of short stories.
- Bob Uyl: Dutch author (d. 1992).
- Daniel Spoerri: Romanian-Swiss photographer.
- 1st US radio broadcast from a ship at sea
- First US radio broadcast from a ship at sea.