Thursday 30 October 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 30, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonor Benedetto and Otis Williams.
Suspicion, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1941 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Leonor Benedetto
- Otis Williams: Rocker (Temptations).
- Marcel Berlins: French-English lawyer journalist and academic.
- Daniel Pellerin
- Theodor Hänsch: German physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Bob Wilson: English footballer and sportscaster.
- Aleksandr Dulichenko: Russian-Estonian linguist and academic.
- USS Reuben James torpedoed by Germans, even though US is not in war
- World War II: Franklin Delano Roosevelt approves U.S. $1 billion in Lend-Lease aid to the Allied nations.
- 1,500 Jews from Pidhaytsi (in western Ukraine) are sent by Nazis to Belzec extermination camp.
- Last day of carving on Mount Rushmore.