Wednesday 1 October 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 1, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Bremer and Os Guinness.
The Devil and Daniel Webster, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1941 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Paul Bremer: Statesman.
- Os Guinness: Author.
- Thierry Desjardins: French reporter and pamphleteer, a journalist with Le Figaro.
- D Sjostakovitch plane evacuated in Moscow
- H Martin / R Blanes musical Best Foot Forward, premieres in New York City
- Yankees beat Dodgers 3-2 at Yankee Stadium in opener of World Series