Friday 24 October 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 24, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank AM Aendenboom and William H Dobelle.
How Green Was My Valley, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1941 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Frank AM Aendenboom: Flemish actor (Lion of Flanders).
- William H Dobelle: American biomedical engineer.
- William Dobelle: American medical researcher (d. 2004).
- Peter Okada: Japanese archbishop.
- Franz von Werra disappears during a flight over the North Sea.