Friday 17 October 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Seals and Earl Thomas Conley.
How Green Was My Valley, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1941 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Jimmy Seals
- Earl Thomas Conley
- Henri Hurand: French executive involved in the Furiani-Bastia case.
- Alan Howard: Rock bassist (Brian Poole & The Tremeloes).
- James Seals in Sidney: Texas, USA; singer (Seals and Crofts - "Summer Breeze").
- Earl Conley: American country-western singer, songwriter and philosopher.
- 1st US destroyer (Kearney) torpedoed in WWII, off Iceland
- For the first time in World War II, a German submarine attacks an American ship.
- German troops execute the male population of the villages Kerdyllia in Serres, Greece.