Wednesday 8 October 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jesse Jackson and Shane Stevens.
The Maltese Falcon, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1941 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Jesse Jackson: American Baptist minister, civil rights leader, writer and businessman.
- Shane Stevens: American author.
- George Bellamy: English singer guitarist and producer (The Tornados).
- Concentration camp Birkenau begins being built
- World War II: In their invasion of the Soviet Union, Germany reaches the Sea of Azov with the capture of Mariupol.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?