Sunday 26 October 1941US date format: 10/26/1941, UK date format: 26/10/1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 26, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Caro and Bob De Groot.
How Green Was My Valley, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1941 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Henri Caro: St Jean Brevelay Journalist.
- Bob De Groot
- Harald Nielsen: Denmark -- Soccer player (1960 Olympics...
- Helen Reddy: Actress.
- Charlie Landsborough: English singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- 2nd meeting partisans Tito and Draza Mihailovic in Yugoslavia
- US savings bonds go on sale
- U.S. Savings Bonds go on sale to the public.
Sport Games on 26 October 1941
- Chicago Cardinals - Philadelphia Eagles : 14 - 21
- Cleveland Rams - Washington Redskins : 13 - 17
- Green Bay Packers - Detroit Lions : 24 - 7
- New York Giants - Brooklyn Dodgers : 13 - 16