Friday 18 September 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Dubuisson and Sven Terjesen.
The New Janitor, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1914 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Jean Dubuisson: French architect, Dubuisson is one of the major architects of the post-World War II period in France.
- Sven Terjesen: Norwegian chemical engineer.
- Jack Cardiff: English director cinematographer and photographer (d. 2009).
- Gen von Hindenburgs named commander of German armies on Eastern Front
- Irish home rule bill receive Royal assent
- Battle of Aisne ends with Germans beating French during WW I.
- World War I: South African troops land in German South West Africa.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Something Seems Tingle-Ingling - Walter Van Brunt
- The 20th Century Rag - Billy Murray
- John McCormack - A Little Love, A Little Kiss