Wednesday 9 September 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hermann Bogel and John Passmore.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1914 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
Famous Birthdays:09 September
- Battle of Marne (German advance stalls, Paris saved)
- Boston Brave George Davis no-hits Philadelphia Phillies, 7-0.
- World War I: The creation of the Canadian Automobile Machine Gun Brigade, the first fully mechanized unit in the British Army.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Love Has Wings - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
- Happy Tho' Married - Fred Duprez
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?