Saturday 26 September 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Achille Compagnoni and Luigi Gui.
A Study in Scarlet, directed by George Pearson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1914 ?
- Achille Compagnoni: Italian mountaineer who conquered K2 on 7/31/1954.
- Luigi Gui: Italian politician, congressman and senator, minister and Christian democrat.
- Jack La Lanne: American body builder who boasts an incredible physique in his 80's.
- George Paterson: .
- Jack LaLanne: American fitness and nutritional expert (Born 1914).
- Germans arrest A Max, Mayor of Brussels
- Federal Trade Commission formed to regulate interstate commerce.
- The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is established by the Federal Trade Commission Act.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Little Love, A Little Kiss - John McCormack
- By the Beautiful Sea - Prince's Orchestra
- Eagle Rock - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?