Tuesday 8 September 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sir Denys Lasdun and Dimitrios I.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1914 ?
- Dimitrios I: Patriarch (primus interparis orthodox Christians).
- Sir Denys Lasdun: English architect (d. 2001).
- Odd Øyen: Norwegian resistance fighter during World War II, and anaesthetist.
- Demetrios: Patriarch Demetrios I of Constantinople (d. 1991).
- Denys Lasdun: English architect designed the Royal National Theatre (d. 2001).
- William E Darwin: British Son of Charles Darwin, dies at 74.
- British trader Oceanic sinks off Scotland
- World War I: Private Thomas Highgate becomes the first British soldier to be executed for desertion during the war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Love Has Wings - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
- Happy Tho' Married - Fred Duprez
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?