Tuesday 8 September 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 8, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dimitrios I and James Van Allen.
The New Janitor, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 September 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1914 ?
- James Van Allen: Physicist.
- Dimitrios I: Patriarch (primus interparis orthodox Christians).
- Sir Denys Lasdun: English architect (d. 2001).
- Odd Øyen: Norwegian resistance fighter during World War II, and anaesthetist.
- Demetrios: Patriarch Demetrios I of Constantinople (d. 1991).
- Denys Lasdun: English architect designed the Royal National Theatre (d. 2001).
- William E Darwin: British Son of Charles Darwin, dies at 74.
- British trader Oceanic sinks off Scotland
- World War I: Private Thomas Highgate becomes the first British soldier to be executed for desertion during the war.