Wednesday 23 September 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Norman Cazden and Omar Ali Saifuddin III.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1914 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Norman Cazden: Composer.
- Omar Ali Saifuddin III: Sultan of Brunei (d. 1986).
- Omar Saifuddien: Bruneian sultan (d. 1986).
- Reds drop their 19th straight game, then beat Boston Braves
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Something Seems Tingle-Ingling - Walter Van Brunt
- A Little Love, A Little Kiss - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?