Sunday 13 September 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 13, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Desmond Llewelyn and Leonard Geoffrey Feather.
The New Janitor, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1914 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Desmond Llewelyn: Actor.
- Leonard Geoffrey Feather: Jazz critic / musician.
- Leonard Feather: English-American pianist composer producer and journalist (d. 1994).
- World War I: South African troops open hostilities in German south-west Africa (Namibia) with an assault on the Ramansdrift police station.
- September 28 ampndash The First Battle of the Aisne ends indecisively.