Monday 18 June 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Boone and Theo Schöller.
Wild and Woolly, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 18 June 1917
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1917 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Richard Boone: American actor best known as Paladin, the cultured gun-fighter in his TV series, "Have Gun, Will Travel," 1958-1960.
- Akhmet Jevdet Ismail Hajiyev: Composer.
- Theo Schöller: German entrepreneur.
- Jack Karnehm: English snooker player and sportscaster (d. 2002).
- Erik Ortvad: Danish painter and illustrator (d. 2008).
- Titu Maiorescu: Romanian philosopher academic and politician 23rd Prime Minister of Romania (d. 1917).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Oh Johnny, Oh Johnny, Oh! - American Quartet
- From Here to Shanghai - Al Jolson
- Peerless Quartet - When the Sun Goes Down in Dixie (And the Moon Begins to Rise)
- Boy Scouts of America March - Victor Military Band