Sunday 17 June 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gwendolyn Brooks and Walter Hof.
Wild and Woolly, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1917 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Gwendolyn Brooks: American writer, the author of more than 20 books and poet laureate of Illinois from 1969.
- Walter Hof: German astrologer, scientifically oriented, author of books.
- Dean Martin: Steubenville Actor.
- Dufferin Roblin: Canadian politician 14th Premier of Manitoba (d. 2010).
- British King George V takes the name Windsor
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hawaiian Butterfly - Sterling Trio
- The Magic of Your Eyes - Charles Harrison
- Love Will Find The Way - Reed Miller
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?