Sunday 17 June 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Augusto Roa Bastos and Walter Hof.
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1917 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Augusto Roa Bastos: Paraguayan author (Born 1917).
- Walter Hof: German astrologer, scientifically oriented, author of books.
- Gwendolyn Brooks: American writer, the author of more than 20 books and poet laureate of Illinois from 1969.
- Katharine Graham: Businesswoman.
- Dufferin Roblin: Canadian politician 14th Premier of Manitoba (d. 2010).
- British King George V takes the name Windsor
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Love Will Find The Way - Reed Miller
- The Magic of Your Eyes - Charles Harrison
- Sterling Trio - Hawaiian Butterfly