Saturday 16 June 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Katharine Graham and Lester Steers.
while Wildfire by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1917 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Katharine Graham: American publisher (d. 2001).
- Lester Steers: American athlete, a track and field champion who held world records for high jumps in 1941.
- Irving Penn: American photographer (d. 2009).
- Aurelio Lampredi: Italian automobile and aircraft engine designer (d. 1989).
- Katherine Graham: American publisher of the Washington Post, one of the giants of the media industry.
- Jacques Arnoux: Baccarat Military man.
- Phaedon Gizikis: Greek general and politician President of Greece (d. 1999).
- 1st Congress of Soviets convene in Russia
- 49th Belmont: James Butwell aboard Hourless wins in 2:17.8
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sterling Trio - Hawaiian Butterfly
- The Magic of Your Eyes - Charles Harrison
- Love Will Find The Way - Reed Miller
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?