Saturday 16 June 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Katharine Graham and Lester Steers.
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1917 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Katharine Graham: American publisher (d. 2001).
- Lester Steers: American athlete, a track and field champion who held world records for high jumps in 1941.
- Irving Penn: American photographer (d. 2009).
- Katherine Graham: American publisher of the Washington Post, one of the giants of the media industry.
- Aurelio Lampredi: Italian automobile and aircraft engine designer (d. 1989).
- Jacques Arnoux: Baccarat Military man.
- Phaedon Gizikis: Greek general and politician President of Greece (d. 1999).
- 1st Congress of Soviets convene in Russia
- 49th Belmont: James Butwell aboard Hourless wins in 2:17.8
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Love Will Find The Way - Reed Miller
- The Magic of Your Eyes - Charles Harrison
- Sterling Trio - Hawaiian Butterfly