Saturday June 30, 1917
US date format: 6/30/1917, UK date format: 30/6/1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 30, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lena Horne and Susan Hayward.
Wild and Woolly, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 30, 1917?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Antonio de La Gandara: French painter (Born 1861).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 30, 1917?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Anna Wheaton - M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I
- Prince's Orchestra - American Republic March
- Byron G. Harlan - With His Hands in His Pockets and His Pockets in His Pants