Tuesday 6 February 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 6, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Brokaw and Axel Harvey.
Castle on the Hudson, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1940 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Tom Brokaw: American broadcast journalist and writer, formerly the anchorman of NBC's Nightly News and one-time host of NBC's "Today" show.
- Axel Harvey: Canadian astrologer and editor of "Considerations.
- Jimmy Tarbuck: British comedian, popular for his TV show and standup gigs.
- Petr Hajek: Czech mathematician.
- Petr Hájek: Czech mathematician and academic.
- Waltraut Fuhrmann: German educator and professional astrologer, a certified member of Deutscher Astrologenverband-DAV and OEAG (Austrian Society of Astrologers).
- Jim Haynie: American film and television actor, who had a recurring role as Lemuel Becket in the first and third season of the FX series "Justified.