Tuesday 6 February 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Petr Hajek and Tom Brokaw.
My Little Chickadee, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1940 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Petr Hajek: Czech mathematician.
- Tom Brokaw: American broadcast journalist and writer, formerly the anchorman of NBC's Nightly News and one-time host of NBC's "Today" show.
- Waltraut Fuhrmann: German educator and professional astrologer, a certified member of Deutscher Astrologenverband-DAV and OEAG (Austrian Society of Astrologers).
- Axel Harvey: Canadian astrologer and editor of "Considerations.
- Jim Haynie: American film and television actor, who had a recurring role as Lemuel Becket in the first and third season of the FX series "Justified.
- Jimmy Tarbuck: British comedian, popular for his TV show and standup gigs. (Tarbuck made his TV debut in 1963 with popularity and great success in the 70's.)
- Petr Hájek: Czech mathematician and academic
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?