Friday 6 November 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Shrimpton and Véronique Neiertz.
Road to Morocco, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Dragon Seed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1942 ?
- Jean Shrimpton: British model made famous by Vogue magazine, an icon of the '60s when models began to be known with the same level of fame as actresses.
- Véronique Neiertz
- Maha Guru Metta
- Jean-Claude Biette: French film director.
- Maha Metta: Indonesian spiritual teacher of Sufi, born in Java, a guru on the path of Bahai.
- Nazis execute 12,000 Minsk ghetto Jews
- Sukarno and Mohammed Hatta finds Ampat Serangkai
- World War II: Carlson's patrol during the Guadalcanal Campaign begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Glenn Miller & His Orchestra - Dearly Beloved
- When The Lights Go On Again (All Over The World) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?