Friday 7 April 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 7, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Ford Coppola and David Frost.
Frontier Pony Express, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1939 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Francis Ford Coppola
- David Frost: British TV personality, actor, producer, writer and host interviewer.
- Donald Holmquest: American physician and lawyer; a scientist-astronaut selected by NASA on 8/04/1967.
- Francis Ford Coppola in Detroit: Michigan, USA; film maker (Godfather, Apocalypse Now, American Graffiti).
- Jean-Luc Chalumeau: French art historian and art critic, author of numerous books on contemporary art.
- Francis Coppola: American film director and producer.
- Sheila Nevins: Producer.
- Gary Kellgren: American record producer co-founded Record Plant (d. 1977).
- Vaçe Zela: Albanian-Swiss singer and guitarist (d. 2014).
- Brett Whiteley: Australian artist, a student at the Julian Ashtron School before winning a traveling scholarship to Italy in 1959.
- John Sculley: Businessman.
- Donald L Holmquest: Dallas, Texas -- Astronaut.
- Joseph Lyons: Australian educator and politician 10th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1939).
- World War II: Italy invades Albania.
- Italy invades Albania King Zog flees.