Saturday 7 April 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gail Lee Hirata and Annika Billstrom.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Sawdust and Tinsel, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Love Or Perish by Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telephone Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1956 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Gail Lee Hirata: LPGA golfer.
- Annika Billstrom: Swedish politician.
- Christopher Darden: American attorney, a member of the team of prosecuting attorney's in the high profile O.J.
- Annika Billström: Swedish businessman and politician 16th Mayor of Stockholm.
- Georg Werthner: Austrian decathlete.
- 10th NBA Championship: Philadelphia Warriors beat Fort Wayne Pistons, 4 games to 1.
- Spain relinquishes its protectorate in Morocco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?