Wednesday 18 April 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 18, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Roberts and Melody Thomas Scott.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Our Miss Brooks, directed by Al Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Double Cross.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 April 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1956 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Eric Roberts: Movie Actor.
- Melody Thomas Scott
- Francky Vincent
- John James (actor)
- Ted Reinstein: American TV personality, best-known for his New England TV program "Chronicle" where he presents slightly off-beat features such as reviews of places to go, things to do and food for those adventurers who want something a little different.
- Poonam Dhillon: Indian actress.
- Jean-Pierre Mouligné: French sailor, known as J.P.
- Melody Thomas: American actress of TV, commercials and movies from the age of seven.
- Melody Scott: TV Actress.
- John James in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; actor (Jeff Colby - Dynasty).
- Bob Latta: Politician.
- Melody Thomas Scott in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Nikki - The Young and the Restless).
- Eric Roberts in Biloxi: Mississippi, USA; actor (Pope of Greenwich Village, King of Gypsies).
- Anna Kathryn Holbrook: American actress.
- David Wayne Edwards in Neosho: Missouri, USA; PGA golfer (1980 Walt Disney).
- Grace Kelly marries Prince Rainier III of Monaco (civil ceremony)
- Egypt and Israel agree to a cease fire.
- Maria Desylla-Kapodistria is elected mayor of Corfu and becomes the first female mayor in Greece.
- British diver Lionel Crabb dives into Portsmouth harbour to investigate a visiting Soviet cruiser and vanishes.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Poor People Of Paris - Winifred Atwell
- The Dreamweavers - It's Almost Tomorrow
- Kay Starr - Rock And Roll Waltz
- The Hilltoppers - Only You
- Dave King With The Keynotes - Memories Are Made Of This
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?