Friday 6 April 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michele Bachmann and Normand Corbeil.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit, directed by Nunnally Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Dead Sea Scrolls by Millar Burrows was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Double Cross.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1956 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Michele Bachmann: American politican, a Congresswoman from Minnesota and Presidential hopeful in the 2012 race.
- Pierre Mariani: French senior official, bank officer and politician.
- Normand Corbeil: Canadian composer (d. 2013).
- Lee Scott: English politician.
- Sebastian Spreng: Argentinian-American painter and journalist.
- Dilip Vengsarkar: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Polish communist Gomulka freed from prison.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Poor People Of Paris - Winifred Atwell
- The Dreamweavers - It's Almost Tomorrow
- Kay Starr - Rock And Roll Waltz
- The Hilltoppers - Only You
- Dave King With The Keynotes - Memories Are Made Of This
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?