Monday 16 April 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 16, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Colonna and David McDowell Brown.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Our Miss Brooks, directed by Al Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Quiet American by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Double Cross.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1956 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Catherine Colonna: French diplomat and political figure, the current Ambassador of France to Italy since 14 August 2014.
- David McDowell Brown: American astronaut (d. 2003).
- Carlos Boton: Brazilian astrologer.
- T Lavitz: American keyboard player composer and producer (Dixie Dregs Jazz Is Dead and Widespread Panic) (d. 2010).
- Marty Dickerson in Middletown: Ohio, USA; golfer (1994 ShopRite Classic-22nd).
- Lise-Marie Morerod: Swiss skier.
- David M Brown in Arlington: Virginia, USA; Commander US Navy/astronaut.
- David Brown: America astronaut: David M. Brown – Mission Specialist; Captain USN; Space Shuttle Columbia.
- 1st solar powered radios go on sale
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Poor People Of Paris - Winifred Atwell
- The Dreamweavers - It's Almost Tomorrow
- Kay Starr - Rock And Roll Waltz
- The Hilltoppers - Only You
- Dave King With The Keynotes - Memories Are Made Of This
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?