Monday 16 April 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marty Dickerson in Middletown and David M Brown in Arlington.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Swan, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telephone Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1956 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Marty Dickerson in Middletown: Ohio, USA; golfer (1994 ShopRite Classic-22nd).
- David M Brown in Arlington: Virginia, USA; Commander US Navy/astronaut.
- David McDowell Brown: American astronaut (d. 2003).
- Carlos Boton: Brazilian astrologer.
- Catherine Colonna: French diplomat and political figure, the current Ambassador of France to Italy since 14 August 2014.
- David Brown: America astronaut: David M. Brown – Mission Specialist; Captain USN; Space Shuttle Columbia. The space vehicle broke up upon reentry on 2/01/2003 starting approximately 7:53 AM CST overhead from California to Texas. All seven astronauts were lost.
- T Lavitz: American keyboard player composer and producer (Dixie Dregs Jazz Is Dead and Widespread Panic) (d. 2010)
- Lise-Marie Morerod: Swiss skier
- 1st solar powered radios go on sale
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 April 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?