Thursday 10 May 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Madinier and Paige O'Hara.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
While the City Sleeps, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Show Called Fred.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1956 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Bruno Madinier: French stage and TV films actor, widely known for his roles in the TV series: "Les Cordier, juge et flic" (with Pierre Mondy) and "Dolmen" (with Ingrid Chauvin).
- Paige O'Hara: American Broadway singer and actress.
- Yves Jacques: Canadian actor.
- Vladislav Listyev: Russian television anchor and journalist (d. 1995).
- Michalis Karaolis: Greek-Cypriot EOKA fighter (Born 1934).
- KFSN TV channel 30 in Fresno, CA (ABC / CBS) begins broadcasting
- French Government sends 50,000 reservists to Algeria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?