Thursday 10 May 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Madinier and Yves Jacques.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Moonglow And Theme From Picnic by George Cates.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Knew Too Much, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Show Called Fred.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Star Map on 10 May 1956
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1956!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 May 1956 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Bruno Madinier: French stage and TV films actor, widely known for his roles in the TV series: "Les Cordier, juge et flic" (with Pierre Mondy) and "Dolmen" (with Ingrid Chauvin).
- Yves Jacques: Canadian actor.
- Paige O'Hara: American Broadway singer and actress.
- Vladislav Listyev: Russian television anchor and journalist (d. 1995).
- Michalis Karaolis: Greek-Cypriot EOKA fighter (Born 1934).
- KFSN TV channel 30 in Fresno, CA (ABC / CBS) begins broadcasting
- French Government sends 50,000 reservists to Algeria.
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?