Friday 25 May 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 25, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anna Dell'oso and Larry Hogan.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Proud Ones, directed by Robert D. Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Island In The Sun by Alec Waugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1956 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Larry Hogan: Politician.
- Anna Dell'oso: Australian writer and journalist, born into a family of immigrant Italian storytellers.
- Stavros Arnaoutakis: Greek politician.
- Tatsutoshi Goto: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Sugar Minott: Jamaican singer and producer (d. 2010).
- David Sartor: American composer and conductor.
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Haurietis aquas
- India announces the institution of diplomatic relations with Spain (still under Franco's rule)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?