Tuesday 28 February 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 28, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeanne Mas and Mimí Ardú.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
1984, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while An Episode Of Sparrows by Rumer Godden was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 February 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1956 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Jeanne Mas: French singer of the eighties (disco electro-pop).
- Mimí Ardú
- Tommy Remengesau
- Guy Maddin: Canadian director screenwriter and cinematographer.
- Adrian Dantley
- Mike Tenay: American wrestling commentator.
- Carole Ksiazenicer-Matheron: French professor of literature at 'Université Sorbonne Nouvelle-Paris 3.'.
- Jens Wendelboe: Norwegian trombonist and orchestra leader.
- Francis Hughes: PIRA volunteer (d. 1981).
- Terry Leahy: English businessman.
- Jimmy Nicholl: Canadian-born Northern Ireland international footballer and manager.
- Penny Sackett: Australian astronomer.
- Emile Buisson: French criminal, a gang leader sentenced to death and executed in France.
- 13 die in a train crash in Swampscott, Massachusetts
- Thirteen die in a train crash in Swampscott, Massachusetts, USA.
- Forrester issued a patent for computer core memory.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?