Wednesday 8 June 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include C C Beck and John W Campbell.
Distractions of Foolshead, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1910!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1910 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- C C Beck
- John W Campbell: United States -- Sci-fi writer (Moon is Hell).
- CC Beck: American cartoonist and humor illustrator with Fawcett's pulp magazines since 1933.
- Aleksandr T Tvardovski: Russian conductor.
- John Campbell: American journalist and author (d. 1971).
- Fernand Fonssagrives: French-American photographer sculptor and painter (d. 2003).
- C Beck: American illustrator (d. 1989).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Garden of Roses - Haydn Quartet
- Oh, How That German Could Love! - Irving Berlin