Wednesday 8 June 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include C C Beck and John W Campbell.
Distractions of Foolshead, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1910!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1910 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- C C Beck
- John W Campbell: United States -- Sci-fi writer (Moon is Hell).
- CC Beck: American cartoonist and humor illustrator with Fawcett's pulp magazines since 1933.
- Aleksandr T Tvardovski: Russian conductor.
- John Campbell: American journalist and author (d. 1971).
- Fernand Fonssagrives: French-American photographer sculptor and painter (d. 2003).
- C Beck: American illustrator (d. 1989).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Garden of Roses - Haydn Quartet
- Oh, How That German Could Love! - Irving Berlin