Saturday 8 June 1940US date format: 6/8/1940, UK date format: 8/6/1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 8, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nancy Sinatra and Nancy Sinatra in Jersey City.
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1940 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Nancy Sinatra: American singer and author from a noted...
- Sherman Garnes: Rock vocalist (Frankie Lymon & The...
- Nancy Sinatra in Jersey City: New Jersey, USA; singer ("These Boots...
- Arthur Elgort: American photographer.
- Jim Wickwire: American lawyer and mountaineer.
- Frederick Shepherd Converse: US composer, dies at 69.
- 72nd Belmont: Fred A Smith aboard Bimelech wins in 2:29.6
- Last British troops leave Narvik Norway
- Discovery of element 93, neptunium, announced.