Thursday 9 February 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Mann and Janet Suzman.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1939 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Barry Mann: R&B singer (Who Put the Bomp in the Bomp Bomp Bomp).
- Janet Suzman: South Africa -- Actress (Dry White Season, Nuns on the Run).
- Belgian Spaak government falls.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?