Friday 17 February 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Ann Mobley in Biloxi and John Leyton.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1939 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Mary Ann Mobley in Biloxi: Mississippi, USA; Miss America-1959/actress (Diff'rent Strokes).
- John Leyton: English actor and singer.
- Willy Hess: German violinist and educator (d. 1928).
- Katwijk soccer team forms.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?