Tuesday 28 February 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Brown and Tommy Tune in Wichita Falls.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1939 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Charles Brown: Cincinnati, Ohio -- Featherweight boxer (1964 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Tommy Tune in Wichita Falls: Texas, USA; dancer/choreographer (The Boyfriend).
- Chogyam Trungpa: Tibetan Buddhist meditation instructor (d. 1987).
- Olivier Despax: French singer and composer.
- Tommy Tune: American dancer, actor, director, choreographer and producer.
- John Fahey: singer ("Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death").
- The Missing Link: Canadian wrestler (d. 2007)
- Chögyam Trungpa: Tibetan philosopher and scholar (d. 1987)
- Daniel Tsui: Chinese-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Great-Britain recognizes Franco-regime in Spain
- The erroneous word ''dord'' is discovered in the Webster's New International Dictionary, Second Edition, prompting an investigation.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?