Saturday 18 February 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marek Janowski and Marlos Nobre.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 February 1939 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Marek Janowski: Polish-German conductor.
- Marlos Nobre: Composer.
- Petronella CM "Carletta" Banning: Actress (Potasch & Perlemoer).
- Bobby Hart: American songwriter, best known for the songs he wrote with Tommy Boyce for The Monkees.
- Claude Ake: Nigerian political scientist and academic (d. 1996).
- Dal Maxvill: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Ludwig Bonvin: Composer, dies at 89.
- Golden Gate International Exposition opens on Treasure Island, San Francisco, California.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?