Friday 10 February 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Clément and Gianpiero Cantoni.
Six-Gun Rhythm, directed by Sam Newfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Vine Street.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 February 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1939 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Catherine Clément
- Gianpiero Cantoni
- Roberta Flack in Black Mountain (Asheville): North Carolina, USA; vocalist ("The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face").
- Giampiero Cantoni: Italian university professor and bank executive.
- Barbara Kolb in Hartford: Connecticut, USA; composer (Trobar Jus).
- Peter Purves: British actor and television presenter.
- Adrienne Clarkson: Hong Kong-Canadian journalist and politician 26th Governor General of Canada.
- Boris Pickett: Vocalist (Monster Mash).
- Spanish Nationalists complete their offensive in Catalonia.