Friday 10 February 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Kolb in Hartford and Boris Pickett.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Escape by Ethel Vance was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1939 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Barbara Kolb in Hartford: Connecticut, USA; composer (Trobar Jus).
- Boris Pickett: Vocalist (Monster Mash).
- Roberta Flack in Black Mountain (Asheville): North Carolina, USA; vocalist ("The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face").
- Giampiero Cantoni: Italian university professor and bank executive.
- Adrienne Clarkson: Hong Kong-Canadian journalist and politician 26th Governor General of Canada.
- Peter Purves: British actor and television presenter
- Spanish Nationalists complete their offensive in Catalonia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?