Friday 9 February 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 9, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J M Coetzee and Brian Bennett (musician).
Castle on the Hudson, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1940 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- J M Coetzee
- Brian Bennett (musician)
- Ronnie Claire Edwards in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; actress (Corabeth - The Waltons, Eight Seconds, Sweet Bird of Youth).
- Hubert Burda: German art historian and publisher.
- J. M. Coetzee: Author.
- Brian Bennett: English drummer and songwriter (The Shadows).
- J Coetzee: South African novelist, essayist, linguist, translator and recipient of the 2003 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Brian Bennett in London: England; rock drummer (Shadows).
- Joe Louis beats Arturo Godoy in 15 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.