Monday 27 February 1939US date format: 2/27/1939, UK date format: 27/2/1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on February 27, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenzo (fashion designer) and João Bernardo Vieira.
Inspector Hornleigh, directed by Eugene Forde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 February 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1939 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Kenzo (fashion designer)
- João Bernardo Vieira
- Peter Alexander: American artist who customarily sells in...
- Deirdre Curron
- Iain Calder: Scottish-American journalist and editor...
- Peter Revson: auto racer (1971 Indianapolis pole...
- Don McKinnon: English-New Zealand politician 12th...
- Kenzo Takada: Japanese director (Dream After Dream).
- Antoinette Sibley: Ballerina (Turning Point).
- Nadezjda K Krupskaya: Russian revolutionary/wife of Lenin,...
- Supreme Court outlaws sit-down strikes
- US Supreme Court outlaws sit-down strikes.
- Belgian government of Pierlot falls.
- English Spook house Borley Rectory destroyed in a fire.
- United States labor law: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that sit-down strikes violate property owners' rights and are therefore illegal.