Tuesday 6 January 1903, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Abravanel and Francis L Sullivan.
Ingenious Soubrette, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1903!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1903 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Maurice Abravanel: Greek-American pianist and conductor (d. 1993).
- Boris Blacher: Newchwang, China -- German composer (Orchester-Ornament).
- Francis L Sullivan: London, England -- Actor (Missing Rembrandt).
- Stanley Smith: Kansas City, Missouri -- Actor (Honey, King of Jazz, Soup to Nuts).
- Francis Sullivan: English-American actor (d. 1956).
- Dutch Press museum opens in Amsterdam.