Tuesday 6 January 1903, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Abravanel and Francis L Sullivan.
Der Specht, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1903
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1903!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1903 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Maurice Abravanel: Greek-American pianist and conductor (d. 1993).
- Boris Blacher: Newchwang, China -- German composer (Orchester-Ornament).
- Francis L Sullivan: London, England -- Actor (Missing Rembrandt).
- Stanley Smith: Kansas City, Missouri -- Actor (Honey, King of Jazz, Soup to Nuts).
- Francis Sullivan: English-American actor (d. 1956).
- Dutch Press museum opens in Amsterdam.