Sunday 9 January 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1921). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Seymour Barab and Douglas Nelson.
The Love Light, directed by Frances Marion, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1921 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Seymour Barab: composer.
- Douglas Nelson: Astoria Military man.
- Lister Sinclair: Indian-Canadian broadcaster and playwright (d. 2006).
- John Sperling: American businessman founded the University of Phoenix (d. 2014).
- Greco-Turkish War: The First Battle of Inonu, the first battle of the war, began near Eskisehir in Anatolia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fair One - Ted Lewis & His Band
- The Japanese Sandman - Nora Bayes