Sunday 9 January 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Seymour Barab and Douglas Nelson.
Queen of the Turf, directed by John K. Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Sheik by Edith M. Hull was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 1921 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Seymour Barab: composer.
- Douglas Nelson: Astoria Military man.
- Lister Sinclair: Indian-Canadian broadcaster and playwright (d. 2006).
- John Sperling: American businessman founded the University of Phoenix (d. 2014).
- Greco-Turkish War: The First Battle of Inonu, the first battle of the war, began near Eskisehir in Anatolia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Japanese Sandman - Nora Bayes
- Fair One - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?