Saturday 1 January 1921, NewYear’s Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1921). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include César Baldaccini and Alain Mimoun.
Outside the Law, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1921 ?
- César Baldaccini: French sculptor and academic (d. 1998).
- Alain Mimoun: French athlete, he won the marathon at the Olympic Games 1956, in the heat of Melbourne, after three silver medals in the previous Games (1948 and 52).
- Marseille (France)
- Barbara Goalen: British famous model of the 50s, pictured on glossy fashion magazines.
- Johnny Logan
- Jean Laurain: French politician who served as Minister of Veteran Affairs from 1981 to 1983, under former President François Mitterrand.
- John Roberts: American military, United States Air Force General and commander of the Air Training Command.
- Cesar Baldaccini: French sculptor (d. 1998).
- Regina Bianchi: Italian actress (d. 2013).
- John Strawson: English general (d. 2014).
- Ismail al-Faruqi: Palestinian-American philosopher and academic (d. 1986).
- Wadih El Safi: Lebanese singer and songwriter.
- Elsa Albani: Italian actress of stage, screen and television, who died in Turin on 24 August 2004.
- César : French artist and sculptor, his first solo exhibit was held in 1954 in Paris.
- Clifford Bourland: American track & field champion, winner of gold medal in 4x400 m relay at the 1948 Summer Olympics.
- Theobald von Bethmann Hollweg: Chancellor of Germany (Born 1856).