Wednesday 26 January 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Barclay and Akio Morita.
The Kid, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1921 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Eddie Barclay: French music producer whose singers included Jacques Brel, Dalida and Charles Aznavour.
- Akio Morita: Japanese businessman co-founded Sony (d. 1999).
- Johannes Driessler: composer.
- Frantisek Chaun: composer.
- Toronto St. Pat Corb Denneny scores 6 goals vs. Hamilton Tigers
- Soccer team GVAV of Groningen Netherlands forms.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Waiting for the Sun to Come Out - Lambert Murphy
- All She'd Say was Umh-Hum - Van & Schenck
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?