Thursday 6 January 1921, Epiphany
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cary Middlecoff and Cary Middlecoff golfer (1956 Vardon Trophy.
The Love Light, directed by Frances Marion, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1921 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Cary Middlecoff: American golfer and sportscaster (d. 1998).
- Lou Harris: pollster ( Poll).
- Cary Middlecoff golfer (1956 Vardon Trophy: 1955 Byron Nelson Award).
- Gary Middlecoff: American dentist who went from being an amateur golfer to being a professional golfer in 1957.
- Louis Deprez: France sport Champion.
- Marianne Grunberg-Manago: Russian-French biochemist and academic (d. 2013).
- Formation of the Iraqi Army.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fair One - Ted Lewis & His Band
- The Japanese Sandman - Nora Bayes