Monday 3 January 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mosse Jørgensen and John Russell.
Queen of the Turf, directed by John K. Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1921 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Mosse Jørgensen: Norwegian school principal and author of factual prose.
- John Russell: American actor, best-known for playing Marshal Dan Troop in the successful ABC western television series "Lawman", 1958-1962.
- Claude Vanbremeersch: French General, former Chief of Staff, who died on 11 February 1981.
- Chetan Anand: Indian director and screenwriter (d. 1997).
- Turkey makes peace with Armenia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Anytime, Anyday, Anywhere - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?