Tuesday 11 January 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Juanita M Kreps and Robert Galley.
Queen of the Turf, directed by John K. Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Valley of Silent Men by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1921 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Juanita M Kreps: American economist, educator, & civil servant; 24th United States Secretary of Commerce (d. 2010).
- Robert Galley: French soldier, engineer, and politician.
- Juanita Kreps: American politician and first woman to hold the post of Secretary of Commerce on 1/23/1977.
- Gory Guerrero: American wrestler and trainer (d. 1990).
- Benedict Zilliacus: Finnish journalist author and screenwriter (d. 2013).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Japanese Sandman - Nora Bayes
- Fair One - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?