Wednesday 9 June 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Les Paul and Jane Cowan.
When Knights Were Bold, directed by Jack Raymond, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1915!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1915 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Les Paul: American musician, a jazz guitarist and electric guitar's designer.
- Jane Cowan: Cello teacher.
- Jim McDonald: American football player and coach (d. 1997).
- William Jennings Bryan resigns as Woodrow Wilson's Secretary of State over a disagreement regarding the United States' handling of the sinking of the RMS Lusitania.